In any given week, I’m likely to be helping young entrepreneurs to kick-start their companies, stimulating small businesses to challenge the status quo, challenging communities to understand their potential, teaching hundreds of students to embrace innovation to solve the problems of the future – or spending time with my family. Everything I’m focused on is unlocking and activating the potential inside of individuals, organisations, businesses and communities – and am extremely passionate about how to make this happen!
Adam is passionate about embracing creative and innovative solutions to common problems, with experience across a wide variety of industry areas. Since 2010, over 12,500 young Australians have undertaken entrepreneurial education programs lead by Adam as the Founder / Inspirer of illuminate Education Australia, which focuses on inspiring students to be the confident, creative and capable people they have the potential to be. Not only are these programs changing the lives of young Australians, it is shifting the way schools across the nation teach and inspire students with the skills that they need to thrive.
Adam is also a;
- Director of The Van Diemen Project (a business advisory service in Northern Tasmania that supports over 400 businesses a year)
- Chair of the Advisory Board for the GOAL! program (sports based education program run by the North Melbourne Football Club’s The Huddle)
- Founding Curator of the Launceston Global Shapers Hub (connecting youth focused on driving global change), and a
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Peter Underwood Centre (a partnership between the state government, Department of Education and University of Tasmania to lift education outcomes).
Adam was announced as Tasmania’s Finalist for Young Australian of the Year in 2015, and in 2017 was the only Tasmanian listed in Anthill’s 30under30 list for Australian entrepreneurs under the age of 30. In 2017, he was chosen to participate in the International Visiting Leaders Program to study innovative ecosystems as a guest of the US State Department. In 2018 and 2019, Adam was selected to attend UNLEASH, the world’s largest innovation process focused on the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals as a participant (in 2018 in Singapore) and a facilitator (in 2019 in Shenzhen).
And while he is often very busy with these commitments – alongside being based in Tasmania with his wife Jessi and sons Timothy and Zachariah – you will often see him delivering programs across Australia because of his passion and drive to see more young people believe in tomorrow today. Living by his motto that “if you want something done for the community, you need to get out and do it”, Adam inspires young people to realise their potential, unleash their creativity and seize the opportunities, because, as he says, “the world is ready”.
Recognising the benefit of working together to increase the possible impact, Adam has experience in working with organisations across Australia bringing together partnership opportunities.
Awards & Select Achievements
- UNLEASH Participant (2018) + UNLEASH Facilitator (2019)
Only Tasmanian accepted to participate in the world’s largest innovation lab focused on the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Anthill’s 30Under30 (2017)
recognising the top 30 Australian entrepreneurs under the age of 30 (and the only Tasmanian included in 2017).
- International Visiting Leaders Program (2017)
Invited as one of 23 social entrepreneurs from around the world by the US State Department to study social entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems in 2017.
- Finalist, Young Australian of the Year (2015)
and Tasmanian Young Australian of the Year for 2015.
- Leadership & Innovation Award (2014)
at the Tasmanian Young Achiever Awards.
- Launceston’s Young Citizen of the Year (2013)